Friday, December 29, 2006

Men should have telepathic powers

Today's episode of Falling in Love (Local Malaysian mandarin series on NTV7, 9.30pm weekdays...I'm hooked on it ;P) reminded me of many things. I cried like god knows how many times.

Maybe I'm just to touchy thought miss sensitive today. But I think it's normal right, even for a half girl half geek right?

There were a few words mentioned in the series that brought back memories of my previous relationship. ...even my previous boss! HAHAHA! It's all about communication. Speaking to each other, to understand each other by facts and not my assuming.

To tell you the truth, I'm not the type of person who can actually express myself properly in words. I'm so darn stubborn to express them to anyone most of the time. I tend to keep things to myself for months until that day we finally have a long chat and come to the topic and I happen to BOOM my feelings and thoughts out. And then out come the salty rain, then the swollen sea. I just suck at speaking what I want. Or maybe I am too tolerant... or am I just too lazy to explain?

I wish there are plenty of other ways to communicate than words.

You know what is worst? Sometimes I just come to some sort of lousy naive conclusion by myself without speaking to anyone.

During my farewell 1-1 with my first boss, he said something that I have always remembered. I dislike him a lot... I don't know if I still to now.. but that feeling made me remember every word he said and when I reflect upon it now... he really gave me good advice. It's all about communication.

Always speak up. Say what you want, when you want it, how you want it. Be frank with bosses, be frank with colleagues, be frank with friends, and be frank with your loved ones. Solves a lot of headache for the guys especially. People in the movies always say “we’ll never understand women” I believe that true.. especially for people like me who know what they want, but just toooooo darn pig headed to say want we want.

Some how we just expect people to know what we want. Men should have telepathic powers!

Sometimes I'm too much also la. I expect people to understand me without me saying anything. Sometimes they do, and they tolerate. Most of them already "biasa" with my attitude. But to new people I meet, I don't know why I tend to be so stiff these days. I can let loose my hair and be myself. I don't know why I have this guard up all the time.

I did not realise that I was so scary and serious until a very frank coleague of mine hinted to me about it.

*sign*

I wonder what happen to the old perky me.

But sometimes, I have to be another person. Work is work ma, play only play lo rite? Like they say la, masuk kandang lembu mengembu, masuk kandang kambing mengembek also lo.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd think twice about bring frank with someone who is weight handicapped (as an example) ... additionally I'd also establish a quick getaway plan before I say anything.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger teckiee said...

loong: hm.. maybe not frank in that way la.. frank in want you want. (of yourself, for yourself..not other ppl) ...something like that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home