Sunday, January 07, 2007

Mastering Money Matters

Wah sehhhh! I went to the Start Education Fair today in KL Convention Center and made did some survey for Masters.

I went to the APIIT booth, (now called the UCTI) and bumb around. Saw a few familiar faces. Collected some of the Master courses info and asked a very important question. ("I graduated from here, do I get a discount if I take Masters here?") It's 10% off my Masters if I pay in full or 10% off my last installment. 40k if I pay one shot... WHERE DO I FIND THE MONEY?

I think local unis are better options for me. General MBA in UTAR is only about 17k.

How do I know where to go? If I would pay 40K for APIIT, I might as well go to Nottingham. Nottingham in Bangi of course. Unless someone is rich enough to sponsor me to UK! WEE!

And you know hor, if where you get\study your Masters doesn't matter to you, it does matter to the people or future employers who will see that uni logo on your Masters cert, it REALLY matters.

But horrrr ... a lot to think about man. I can't go for something just because it's cheap. I need to think of my work and schedules also man. And location. ARGHHH I think I will need to save another year before I start deciding. Since everything is on me now and not my parents, I really need figure how to make time to study and continue working. I think I'll die if I study fulltime... but then I think I'll die too if I study part-time.

One part time course I won't mind taking is the Certificate In Baking offered by the Malaysian Institute of Baking. Although it's cheaper than Taylor's International Certification in Patisserie, I might just go for the one in Taylors. Taylors have smaller classes. And MIB's baking isn't really that superb. They had bakers baking cookies, muffins, pies and bread for tasting today.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger fishtail said...

Check out the MBA in USM; I heard it's relatively very cheap too. However, if it's a toss up between USM and UTAR, I would go for UTAR.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger teckiee said...

fishtail: I think should be UTAR for me. Price is right, loc is right. Still minor stuff to figure tho... not sure if I want to take it yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home