Sunday, May 14, 2006

Another big POW

You know what, I had another big fall AGAIN yesterday. I'm officially jinxed. Serious.

I was preparing to leave the house for Pangkor to visit my grandma. Mom was rearranging all the potted plants to make sure they don't dry up during the time when we were away. I don't usually do gardening, but exchanging hanging plant's need no special skills. Some plants were hooked from the beam, so I decided to help her exchange some plants.

I took a chair and stood on it. I took my time balancing myself on the chair as the chair was actually quite ergonomically designed. The back portion of the chair was slanting backwards. But as stood up straight, my head banged a plastic potted plant hanging behind of me. I moved my body weight and head forward to avoid the swinging pot hitting my head again. Butttt, I didn't notice the coconut husk pot in front me.

*Doing*

My forehead hit the coconut and *pow* before I could react the coconut swung back and hit me again. At that moment I lost my balance.

I knew I was falling back. My body weight was towards the back... I was falling. I tried to regained my balance but the design of the chair wasn't helping. The slant of the chair made is impossible for me to shift my weight back towards the front.

There was nothing on the left or right to hold on to except dangling potted plants. I didn't catch hold of them because... they would just fall on me. My mom saw me losing my balance... but she was at a position where she could not catch hold of me.

Imagine this in slow motion....

My arms waving frantically like I have wings to regain my balance. I grabbed my mom's arms who was reaching for me. But the chair was already falling back. I fell with the chair. On the way down, my left elbow hit a porcelain bird bath. It toppled over landing on me and broke into two. I landed on my bum, again.

The pain shot up to my whole body especially my elbow and my already strained and sprained back.

I was still ok..... I still could stand and walk up to my room to have a change of clothes. My pair of jeans soaked up 90% of the water from the bird bath. I went back down. And prepared to leave the house... but I don't know why ...I started crying.

It's weird because I still could bare the pain, but as I started crying... the got worst and worst. It took me A REALLY LONG TIME to realize that I was actually in pain. My tears have to tell me that I'm in pain, and not my brain. Is this normal?...have such SLOW reflexes?

My parents sent me to the hospital. I took an X-Ray.

Thank god I'm ok. There's no fracture... but maybe just some swollen muscles and veins from the fall. The doctor took a look at my back too. The bruise was worst, and more swollen, but nothing so serious that will give me permanent damage.

I'm freaking out right now. 2 hard falls in a row. There's something wrong with me. But what?

6 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cous D: Well I don't know whether your an atheist or not, but at times like this I pray. Irregardless of religion.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger teckiee said...

d: I didn't go to the temple for Wesak actually. I'm punished for that... *sign* I went later that night.

Alice: Thanks... hope no complications come from my back and elbow... have to lay off gym for at least 2 months tho =(

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger fishtail said...

Hey pal, sorry to hear about the twin falls. I'm sure it's not a very nice experience. However, both falls within such a short time suggests a misconfiguration of the balancing mechanism in your system, something like the infamous Proton remote control not working because the transmitter and the receiver are not aligned. So what to do? I don't know what you should do, but I know what you should NOT do: Don't do what that Binyu Sof guy wants us to do; don't close one eye. LOLZ! Please get well soon.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Nat said...

Ei sis... pls pls pls be more careful leh... Reading the blog make me quite worried leh.

Thank God you're ok with very minor injuries.

Take care ya.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger teckiee said...

fishtail, Nat: Thanks =) and yeah... i've got to be more careful... resting at home for a few days.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*OUCH OUCH* Really felt the pain reading your blog. Reminds me of my fall after a severe food poisoning earlier this year (fell on my own vomit - gross, hell yeah! Pain - oh, VERY!!) >_<

Do take good care. Your back is very important, woman! Good thing your parents took you for an x-ray. Rest well, ya. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home