Thursday, May 11, 2006

Importance of family dinners

for(i=0;i<5;i++)
{
apple[i]=rand();
printf("%d /n", apple[i]);
}

Hm... not sure if my printf syntax is correct. It's been a long time since I have touched C. All rand() came out to be even numbers. Don't get the whole rand() thing.. well, you don't have to. All I have to say is that I have one less decision to make. I can feel a little relaxed right now.

I'm leaving work on time today for dinner with my family. My bro is back from Singapore so I decided we should all go for a dinner together. I miss having family dinner, ... actually I miss having family outings.

Sometimes we all get so worked up in the office that we tend to forget who is at home. I'm such a hypocrite sometimes when I say why people can just forget what and who is at home. I have been busy with work and focused on gym on weekdays and weekends that I don't have time for my family.

Too tell you the truth, not having enough time might be an excuse. I can always make time, but I guess I sometimes just don't bother. Do I feel guilty? Seriously, No. Do I feel that I being a bad child? Yes, maybe, but it doesn't bother me. Is there something wrong with me then? I think there is because I think my love for the family have degraded since I started working.

The bottom line is, there's no bottom line because I have no idea where this post is leading me. But I think having family dinners are important, at least to me.

Back during primary and secondary school days, I have dinner with all my family members everyday. A time to get to vent share your frustration about something with the family. But obviously not only that, share news, announce things, update the whole family about our lives. Some how these dinners brings out the good morals in me.

Sadly I don't realize the importance of these family dinners until now.

Everyone seems to be too busy with studies, work and play to have a proper family dinner on weekdays. And sometime, not even during the weekends. And I'm guilty as charged.

I can really feel that the bond we had is degrading as the days pass. Sad but true. Sharing news have been more tedious too. I have I have to make an effort to have more family dinners... and actually pull my family members to have more of them.

If I'm a mommy next time, I think I would etch it into my family member's mind about the importance of family dinners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home