Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ugly ballerina's feet

I haven't been going to the gym as often was I used because of my new job. The hours are just not right for me. So I decided I would spend sometime there on Saturday, and I did.

I know a 5 days of not going to the gym seems like not a long time, but, it's not want it seems. My stamina went down and feet blistered! And my body ached all over the next day. Might be the power yoga I attended but still, 5 days makes hell lot of difference. (Then again, it's been almost 2 months now, I haven't lower my % of body fat yet! Arghhh)


The blister burst. The darn socks didn't help at all. It hurts so much when the wound come in contact with water.


That was watch bruise I got from the Body Combat class. My watch was loose and I was punching hard. The movement of the watch actually made that bruise. Hard to believe huh... II need a rubber strapped watch for gym.


Have you seen so many blisters on a foot at one time?! The one on my right feet looks so cute. It's like 3 little baby blisters. And the one I got on my left is the disgusting big kahuna. I had a blister at that spot on Saturday and it got worst after my gym session today. The one on my left toe seems to be healing though.

You know what is weird. I don't feel the blister pain. It's not even painful when I was working out and when I touch them. I must have really thick epidermis on my feet. Ballet must have help. I used to have blisters every now and then when I go for my classes last time. I guess I have gotten used to the blister pain.


When people say ballerinas' and ice skaters have the ugliest feet, believe them. Full of blisters, blister scars, thick yellow hard skin.... and yep... super disgusting toe nails. Some of the ballerinas I know don't even have toe nails! It's not like they are born without it, but some pull them out.

The little toe in the picture is actually mine. Although I have not been on point (on point means stand using your toes) for 6 to 7 years, I still have my toes to remind me of my ballet days. I used to cut off half of the little toe nails so I could dance more comfortable in my point shoes (the ballet shoes ballerina uses to stand using our toes), but it became a habit until now. Hehehe I have tried growing it back, but some how I would already end up cutting it off again. All my old blister scars faded off, and the thick skin turned soft, so I have *ahem* almost beautiful feet again :P

4 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger fishtail said...

In all my years of reading blogs, this is the first time I read of someone writing on her little toe! My my, you must be very free in your office, lolz!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger teckiee said...

fishtail: hehehe ...was at home ler :p

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Now that you have beautiful feet it's ok hahahaha

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger teckiee said...

bernat: ahhah ...i kind of miss my ugly feet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home