Friday, April 14, 2006

Medical checkup

I woke up really hungry today but I could eat yet... because I had to fast for my medical checkup. The checkup didn't go as well as I expected.

My first test was the eye test. I had a 6/9 results for both eyes. That means my vision isn't that good. Might be time for me to look into glasses or contact lenses or something. ...Or I can just go without them for a while. Wearing stuff on the eyes\face is just so annoying especially with it comes to traveling and sports... and not forgetting the gym!

My second test was some Lung Something Something test that I failed miserably even after a few gazillion times! I have to inhale air and exhale into this tube which is connect to a machine that will read the air or something. I couldn't quite get the exhaling part correctly. My results were always not acceptable. Boohoo... Me and the nurse kind of gave up. My throat hurt and my head was getting dizzy with all that blowing going on. Lack of oxygen already la.

I skipped that test and went for my third test, the ECG test. I had 8 circular thing stuck to different parts of my body. On both wrist, both legs, one on each sides of my boobs, and the other two on the left side around the heart area. The nurse monitored the heart rate. There was treadmill at the side, but I didn't have to run or anything. ECG went well.

Fourth test was the hearing test. I was seated in this not quite sound proof room. The small little cubicle was SMALL... I felt I was a wacko in a padded cell (the room was white with tiny holes). I had to wear headphones and I was given a clicker. I had to click when I hear something on the headphones. I got a series of high and low beeps. I thought I would kind of fail the test because I have a half deaf left ear actually. I'm not sure if I was born like that but I have problems hearing things on my left ear ever since I could remember. But nope, my results were good.

Fifth test was to see if I could change into Storm from the X-Men... I failed. HAHAHAHA Just joking. I went for the X-ray which I had to take twice because the first one was blurry.

I was told I could run off to eat my breakfast and then come back for the rest of the test. And I was told to fill up my ‘tank’ ;P

When I came back, I was told there was a mistake. I shouldn’t have eaten before the blood test. *aiyorrrr* But I was told to I could eat breakfast!? Darn, I have to return tomorrow to complete the test.

Anyway, more test man. Sixth test was the urine test. Damn gross ok. 1# because I don't have the 'hose' to aim that liquid urea to the bottle! 2# I had no idea how I'm going to arhghghghg.... plus the nurse was in the toilet with me. It's a requirement for the check in case I'm like Jerome in Gattaca...but then he had the hose to cheat. 3# The requirement was to collect the mid and the ending urine. So it's I had to pee and then fill the bottle... the urine would surely get all over my hands and bottle!

A night mare I tell you. I had to drink more water after that for a second urine test. A second bottle. OMG!

I was left with the doctor to talk to me after that. We went through my forms and some medical history and stuff. After that, my seventh test. I was checked for my reflexes (the limbs and eyes), blood pressure, the ears, lumps and growth on abdomen and boobs. Brest cancer screening also man. More about that later. I picked up a few tips that I think it would be good to share with all the ladies out there.

Anyway, there was 2 tests left undone. The stupid breathing lung test thing and my blood test just incase I was an unconscious drug abuser and an alcoholic.

I did a few practice rounds of inhaling and exhaling with the nurse's and doctor's assistant. I had to learn the technique... I suck at it man. I tried again and the results were a little better. I merely passed. The doctor noted a "weak results due to wrong breathing technique". Err but still, I'm a bit worried about that part. A second doctor will have to endorse and I'm not sure if that's a good enough excuse. ...But at least I don't have to deal with that machine again. I would rather give a blow job that to blow into that machine again Argh! Pun intended.

One final test to go tomorrow. Needles... errrrr... I hope they know how to handle the needle properly. One can actually get bruised from injections.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger fishtail said...

Hahaha! Very farnie lah, you. Anyway, the medical is for a new job, yes?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger teckiee said...

fishtail: where got farnee...true la.. medi check up gives stress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home