Sunday, January 28, 2007

Mystical Steppers

I just came back from watching Mystical Steppers : Along The Silk Road. Honestly, cultural shock. I didn't know XinJiang province in China is influenced by so many cultures!

The music reminded me of Indian and Chinese tribes music. The costumes were BEAUTIFUL! The dances were Arabic, Turkish, Indian, .... so many. Overall the performance was sad to say below average. I loved the costumes and the culture. But the chorography, dancers and music wasn't impressive.

I did like one of the song of a particular performance that was performed by a vocal teacher with a string musical instrument, looked like a much longer version of the banjo. Was disappointed because there weren't any merchandise at the venue. I would have gotten the guy's CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home