Friday, May 19, 2006

Read the book, don't watch the movie

Da Vinci Code Movie spoilers. Read at your own risk ...lol!

Aiyah, read the book, don't watch the movie. Watched the movie then read the book.

The movie was a good movie, if you have not read the book. It was kind of a turn off for me because it was like watching the movie for the second time. I knew what was going to come next, I know who is the evil bad guy. There wasn't any hype or adrenalin pumping action going on for me. Sad... so sad.

But, the movie was some like how I have imagined the scenes would be like (especially Silas!). The movie was very much like the book. 90% of the story line was there. 10% of is was rearranged or cut out (time limits in a movie ma), but really good movie.

Silas was great. ...hahaha maybe because I thought he was sexy in the movie, and he acted well. His scene with the whip and the part where he put on the spiky leg strap....ahhhh sent chills down my sore back. There was a part in Teabing's house where Silas pop out of no where attacking Robert, I freaked not because I was surprised.... I freaked because the guy beside of me freaked! He was leaning forward that the time and *BANG* suddenly my whole chair moved vigorously and ....aiyorrr no comment.

The scene at the Lurve, bank and aeroplane was short... I had imagined it to be longer. The aeroplane landing part was nice... but they left some stuff out. But I shouldn't be complaining. Books are always more detailed.

Over all good movie. Go watch.

Stuff about Dan Brown and his book here.

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger wt said...

yea its alwys like that. movies can nvr be as good as the book.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I take it that you are a Dan Brown fan then?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger teckiee said...

wt: yeah i guess... at least this one still follow the book. Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned was WAYYYY off.

Chuang Shyue Chou: erm... read all of his books... like them esp digital fortress ...yep i guess i'm a fan

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Papi said...

Watched the movie last night. It was an OK movie lor, average only.

More like help you to visualise the scenes in the book.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger kat_cafe said...

They want to serve the best service to the customers and thus ask for the feedbacks.
Thus they insist their customers say up their reviews on Dunkin’ Donuts Guest Experience
Survey through the link provided telldunkin.com
https://telldunkin.online/

dunkinnation survey


telldunkin.com store


 

Post a Comment

<< Home